James “Jim” Featherstone, 74, passed on December 29, 2019 surrounded by his loving family. Jim was born in Schenectady to the late James Featherstone and Rita Demers. In 1964 he graduated from Mont Pleasant High School, where he met his wife of 54 years, Mariette (Boilard). Together they shared a life full of love, laughter and the most important, their family.
Our “Casual 55” on Sunday, October 13, 2019 was held at the Briar Creek Golf Club, 19th Hole Cafe. This event was well attended and everyone had another great time sharing lots of fun and enjoying a very relaxing evening.
Turn up your speakers and enjoy this music video (Youtube) recorded live at Daryl Hall’s house!
— Gordon R., Webmaster@mphs64.org —
The Mont Pleasant Class of ’64 Lunch Bunch got together again on September 18, 2019 at The Flightline Pub in Glenville, New York. All eleven of us enjoyed another tasty lunch and everyone had a nice time!
In attendance were: Nick Barber, Art Collins, Dan Grennan, Bill Kukan, Ray Lupe, Bill Lyons, Rit Nicollela, Pete Palleschi, Gordon Rickard, Mike Sardella and Ed Sindoni (Unfortunately, the photo gallery does not include everyone).
Do you remember? Way back, 55 years ago, in 1964 . . .
- Average new house cost $13,050
- Average income per year was $6,000
- Gas per gallon cost 30¢
- Average new car cost $3,500
- Loaf of bread cost 21¢
- U.S. postage stamp cost 5¢
- Average monthly rent was $115
- Movie ticket cost $1.25
- Sony introduces the Betamax Video Recorder
- Oct. 27th Albert DeSalvo is arrested and later confesses to being the Boston Strangler
- 1964-65 Ford Mustang introduced
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr received the Nobel Peace Prize
- 1964 Presidential Election – President Lyndon B. Johnson (D) defeats
- Barry Goldwater (R)
- Civil Rights Act of 1964 enacted [Read more…] about Do you remember?